Monday 19 February 2007

First Week in New Zealand


Well I made it safe and sound to New Zealand, although when I arrived in Auckland my board had been lost in transit, it turned up a day later. I had a day in Auckland sorting out phones and banks and stuff and then jumped on a bus to Gisborne to catch up with Ash, Liz and Frank. Went for a surf with Ash the following morning, solid three foot off shore, barreling waves, great fun, that is until I snapped my board! I think a witch doctor must have cursed that board. I dinged it at Jefferies and had a nightmare getting it fixed, then the nose was damaged when it was loaded onto a bus, then I dinged the tail again at long beach, next it was lost in transit and finally snapped in Wainui, it was only 5 weeks old, dou! Oh well, I've bought another now (not new this time), I'm just not thinking about the cost, arghhh. Also went twos up on a styling 1984 Toyota Corona, $NZ850 (works out at less than 150 quid each). The cars and absolute beauty, you'll have to wait for the photos. Now I'm over my jet lag (thats not much fun) the next adventure is a four day hike around lake Waikaremoana with Frank. Perhaps I'll have forgotten about my surfboard after that?

No comments: